- Join an iconic Australian Brand
- Forbes Top 100 innovative company
- Unlock your Potential
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. We are represented in all major regions, in both mature and emerging markets. For the last three years our company has been named in the Forbes Top 100 Innovative Companies list.
In Australia, ASSA ABLOY has a manufacturing site which takes product concepts through to finished products for the local and export market. We offer iconic product brands such as Lockwood, Abloy, Whitco and Yale. The strength of these brands has been built on providing high quality mechanical and digital products and delivering results for our customers.
Reporting to the National Marketing Manager, the Packaging & POS Designer is responsible for the development, structural design, and delivery of the organisations packaging and marketing related display requirements. As the Packaging & POS Designer, you will oversee and manage the complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
In addition, troubleshooting new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes, as well as creative, timely and cost-effective solutions. You will interact with several departments within the organisation, including suppliers; working cross collaboratively to achieve functional packaging and POS display goals.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development and performance testing
- Analyse engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements and types of materials required for packaging
- Identify and implement cost saving initiaitives related to packaging and display materials, labour, efficiency, transportation and storage
- Work collaboratively with other departments to optimise packaging suppply base for cost, lead time, quality, regionalisation, standardisation, supply assurance, compliance with customer and regulatory and internal requirements
- Specify and recommend efficiency tools and test methods to develop and validate packaging designs
- EAN and TUN codes management ensuring GS1 Standards and compliance
- Work with the manufacturing department to insure that the packaging designs are optimised for manfacturability
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalant, as well as 3+ years of experience in consumer or industrial packaging. Knowledge and an understanding of packaging design validation standards, drafting and specification standards is essential. Problem solving and decision makings skills are necessary, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
You must have exceptional communication skills both written and verbally. A clear understanding of process improvement and quality improvement concepts is needed along with ISO9001, ISO14001 certification.
If you meet all the above requirements and are excited about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to apply.