Business Development Manager, Trade – NSW
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. We are represented in all major regions, in both mature and emerging markets. For the last three years our company has been named in the Forbes Top 100 Innovative Companies list.
In Australia, ASSA ABLOY has a manufacturing site which takes product concepts through to finished products for the local and export market. We offer iconic product brands such as Lockwood, Abloy, Whitco and Yale. The strength of these brands has been built on providing high quality mechanical and digital products and delivering results for our customers.
We currently have a vacancy for a professional, self-motivated Business Development Manager, Trade – NSW with proven account development skills to join our sales team in Sydney, New South Wales.
Reporting to the National Business Manager – Retail/DIY, you will use your strong understanding of business strategy to build relationships with customers that grow sales for both parties through the sales of our products.
Your inquisitive mind will quickly come to terms with our wide product range and enable growth of market share in the residential builder market in the NSW region. You will be well supported as you develop product knowledge by our Training team and Product Manager.
- Build strong partnerships with clients to grow market share and identify opportunities for new business
- Account management of major trade based account customers across the retail/DIY sector
- Develop working relationships with builders and builders supply divisions of major trade re-seller organisations
- Liaise with ASSA ABLOY Australia personnel to maximise customer service levels
- Train customers in line with our Trade Training Programme for door furniture and related products
- Organising and attending trade and builder functions for customer
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 5 years succssful sales experience with a major product supplier in the New South Wales residential builder market
- You will have proven success in a sales, business development, key account management and have a track record in achieving sales and growth goals
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the residential or builders market, and an ability to win over customer in this segment - which will provide you with success in this role
- A network which includes relationships with all major residential builders and trade markets in New South Wales will be advantageous
- Proven ability to achieve product respresentation, brand quality positioning and category leadership
- Solution selling skills to gain new business whilst maintaining existing customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills for Word, Excel and our in house system
- The ability to work autonomously and in a team environment
The successful applicant will be results orientated, financially astute and demonstrate excellent presentation and communication skills to a range of customers. They will be experienced in field sales and have the ability to motivate, persuade and influence decision makers to ensure the achievement of sales objectives.Opportunities like this do not knock to often, so if this sounds like the role you are looking for, then apply now.
ASSA ABLOY Australia offers a competitive salary, fully maintained company vehicle and the opportunity to develop and enhance your career. An ongoing training programme on company products will be provided.